Most hardwood floors are extremely durable. They require minimal care, but it is important that you provide regular care.
- Wipe up spills as soon as you can using a soft dry cloth – never wet mop a hardwood floor.
- Use doormats at the entrances to your home to help trap dirt and grit.
- Shoes that have deep treads are prone to trapping dirt or gravel, which can damage your floor so ask family and visitors to remove boots and shoes when they enter.
- Sweep your floors regularly. Dust mops can be helpful in keeping dirt, dust and grit under control, but be sure to check the dust treatment is approved by your floor´s manufacturer.
- Vacuum your floors with a soft bristle attachment. Never use an upright vacuum with a beater bar as they can scratch and dent a floor.
- Place floor protectors (small felt discs) under the legs of furniture to prevent scratches.
- Keep your pets’ nails trimmed to avoid scratching.
Remember, never use any cleaner not approved by the manufacturer of the floor and don’t soak the floor.
These simple tips should help you keep your hardwood floors looking their best. Floor cleaning is included as part of your regular cleaning service and Simply the Best Cleaning is also available should you be in need of a deeper clean. Call us at (570) 619-4163 or contact us online to arrange your Free Personal Home Consultation.